Sunday, December 18, 2011

Elimination of the hibernation file system and disk cleaning

It is dangerous to delete the hibernation file system?

Elimination of the hibernation file system and disk cleaning

Question :

I have a notebook with s.o. Vista. If I go to clean up the disk, the list of deleted files and can check off "Delete Files Hibernate system" that, at least in my case, has a nice size: 2.99 GB.

The system tells me that the hibernation file system contains information about the status of the computer at the time of hibernation. Dopidichè should not just delete it if you use hibernation.

In this regard, I, as recommended by the manual, at the time I left the default settings that automatically put the PC into hibernation when you close the lid.

Honestly, the thing I am not at all clear. If I just delete this huge file, which happen to reboot? What do you go to change? How and when ricosituirebbe? You as you act?

In short, anyone who wants to explain it in simple terms? Thank you!

Answer :

Delete it entails no risk because the area of ​​the disk to the hibernation file hiberfil.sys is rewritten every time you close the lid. If you delete the only problem is that since the subsequent fragmentation of hibernation may be slightly rewritten for the scattered disk.

However if you use hibernation, you do not delete it would be useless, leave him there if you do not have space problems, the most sure is not fragmented.

See Pictures and Read more : Elimination of the hibernation file system and disk cleaning

No comments: